The Second Last Day of 2011

December 30, 2011

Hard to believe that tomorrow would be the last day of 2011. Frankly? I'm not very excited about it. I feel like there's this huge invisible rock pressing down my heart whenever I think about it. And I'm still trying to figure out why.

2011 has been the most interesting year of my life, I would say. Loved and blessed by so many lovely people in the world. If I can, I'd hug each of them with all my heart to show how much I appreciate their existence in my life. But, well... not likely. I really hope you can feel how grateful I am. am grateful for all the good food, good songs, good people, good times, good gifts, good hugs, good talks, good compliments, good days, good laughs, the list goes on and on.

This year, I met some really interesting people, people that I could only have dreamed of knowing. Things that I could only dream of having actually happened to me. Although not everything turns out the way I want them to be, I choose to believe that whatever happens now is the best for this moment. Everything happens for a reason, a good reason, to be precise, you just have to look for it. I still feel extremely loved. I'm breathing perfectly, having food in the fridge, so many different clothes in my wardrobe, able to choose the path I wanna go in my life, lying on a huge comfortable bed, able to read and speak different languages, having the chances to travel to so many other countries and exploring at this age, having time to blog about what's in my mind, having people who love and really care about me, really, what can I ask more? What do you want to complain about? Your mum doesn't want to buy you a new hand phone? Sounds silly as compared to those people who can't even afford a nice meal isn't it. There are so many people out there dream of having life like yours, darling. Humans seem to only remember all the bad and unhappy times they have, too often we forget about the countless beautiful things we have in our life when one thing doesn't go right.

"Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have." I said to myself during my 18th birthday. I still constantly remind myself about it. Life's good, really.

I think I've changed, in a good way, into a better individual, or at least I'm trying to. That's honestly one of the only things that I always want myself to do - be a happier and better person. This year, I'm more inspired than ever, by the people around me, the random acts of kindness and love, even songs and movies. There are so many good songs this year, no?

The last day of 2011, it's still just another day isn't it? Nothing will have changed just because it's the last day of the year. Anyway I hope it'd be a wonderful day, a wonderful ending, and a wonderful beginning.

2 Love notes:

  1. Happy New Year!!

    seasonn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you, seasonn (:
    may 2012 brings u surprises and happiness!

    ReplyDelete

 

© icollectmoments All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk