Embracing Solitude

February 9, 2012

Is it weird that I embrace solitude? Or even enjoy being alone?



Society is afraid of alonedom, like lonely hearts are wasting away in basements, like people must have problems if, after a while, nobody is dating them. but lonely is a freedom that breaths easy and weightless and lonely is healing if you make it.

Perhaps in the interest of loving oneself, perhaps all those sappy slogans from preschool over to high school's groaning were tokens for holding the lonely at bay. Cuz if you're happy in your head than solitude is blessed and alone is okay.

It's okay if no one believes like you. All experience is unique, no one has the same synapses, can't think like you, for this be releived, keeps things interesting lifes magic things in reach.

- Tanya Davis
I want to go to a comfortable cafe to have a nice and quiet meal and stay there to read, draw and paint alone. I even want to try watching movie in the spacious cinema alone. I want to travel to an island and walk, eat, read, bike, take photographs, enjoy the beautiful views, alone. Or maybe it's just that I haven't found a partner whom I'd be feeling alright doing these with, besides my sister and some childhood friends. Oh man I'm such a boring person.

But it doesn't mean that I don't like being with people. Sometimes being alone for too long makes me blue, like most of the people, too. Then I'd crave to talk to someone. Oh so contradicting. I think I'm weird, really.

3 Love notes:

  1. http://zhi-17.tumblr.com/post/14117190795 。
    我觉得这是一种浪漫,我也想try。

    seasonn

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoy being alone sometimes too. its gives us space to contemplate about life ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

© icollectmoments All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk