twenty twelve

January 4, 2012


New year, new wishes, new goals, new habits.
  1. more reading/books, less facebook.
  2. appreciate more, love more.
  3. learn to give more without expecting returns.
  4. do and create more. remember that all the planning in the world will get us to nowhere. so just do.
  5. eat healthier. make different breakfast.
  6. exercise more. be closer to my goal weight. not for anyone else but myself, really.
  7. learn to think before speaking. less gossiping. 
  8. learn to save money. start earning if possible. (it is possible!)
  9. learn something new. (rollerblading!)
  10. have an inspiration board at home.
  11. better time management. I always said to myself "I have no time for extra reading/works! I have so many homework and projects to be done by tomorrow!" Actually? I just didn't manage my time well enough. I know if I could do it better I'd be able to do a lot more works and achieve more.
They are just wishes anyway. Accidentally came across this in a blog and thought it's quite inspiring. I didn't have any new year's resolutions list each year like some of the people because for me it's just... a list of wishes. But I turned to be quite motivated after reading some bloggers' new year's resolutions and how they are going to achieve them. They are making plans to make sure that they are going to accomplish them by the end of the year! 
via here
I am so going to try it out. I'm not going to waste my life wishing for things anymore. I can't just sit there and expect/hope things to come true without putting extra effort. I need to have more solid plans to achieve them! Rawr!

Tomorrow I'm going back to Singapore for school's starting next monday. Last week when I realized I'm going back this week, I felt a little nervous, like I wasn't ready for the hectic and busy lifestyle yet. But now I guess I am. Sometimes it's better to be occupied, at least you won't feel like you're wasting your life being unproductive. I'd say I've had enough rest and...I'm ready for the new semester now.

I'm gonna do my very best for this semester. Focus!

Happy 2012! This is probably the closest thing I wanna wish everyone in the world including myself.
"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself."
~Neil Gaiman

1 Love notes:

  1. good luck with these! I have similar ones, except that I don't write 'new year resolutions'. I make them anytime of the year, when I feel like I'm ready.

    But yeah. I've seen your photos and they're really pretty. :)

    ps. I've always loved that quote by Neil Gaiman. ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

 

© icollectmoments All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk