Swellendam, South Africa

January 19, 2013


Finally a new blog post to continue posting photos from South Africa, because school has started to slowly eat away my time. hehe. So the first thing I want to introduce - the picture above, they're Jersey milk cows! (I always had the impression milk cows are only black and white... lol) while the next photo of us with the cows behind (excuse our messy hair because of the wind), they're cattle beef - which means they'll be cooked one day :(


These are the apricots we picked in... 10 minutes? Look at how many apricots are there in just one tree!
The photo below, is the view right in front of the house (not the house we stayed, though. It's a good friend's place!) When we were sitting there playing with their cat, drinking, talking while Johannes was cooking the beef, I couldn't help but be amazed by the painting-like scenery. And then the next photo you will see the long table full of food (well, sort of), definitely one of my favourite dinners there. It was such a great night. It was only the first day we reached there but we already felt like home. I wish I'd be back there again one day, together with my family.


So this was the third place I travelled to in South Africa - Swellendam. I'm sure you can clearly see the difference between this place with the previous, it's a much much smaller town, also one of the oldest towns in South Africa. Many many farms. We were there for a week, and these are just the photos taken during the first 2 days there. I remembered when we mentioned to the people in Cape Town that we were going to Swellendam next, for a week, they all had the same weird expression on their faces - "What can you do there for a week? It's really just a small small town." Well yes it really is just a small town, but the people there are the loveliest people I've ever seen. We enjoyed every second together with them, we were all spoilt by their unconditional love. Besides the berry farm (that I blogged about last few weeks), we visited milk cows farm, cattle beef farm, apricot farm, went hiking, had bingo with people in 2 old folks houses and so on. It's something different, you see? 

Never in a thousand years would I expect myself to fall in love with South Africa, even I myself am surprised. It scared me a little to realise how much I want to go back there again. It took me a while to get over the whole "I'm not in SA anymore" feeling... because we've got to appreciate whatever we have now instead of wishing to have things we don't have, so I decided to love where I stay.

It's about 12pm now and it's been raining since 10 hours ago, just feel like lying on bed and relax. Happy weekend, everyone! Thanks for the lovely messages and comments on my South Africa photo diary, I'm glad you all enjoyed the posts! :)

2 Love notes:

  1. Omg, it sounds like you had a really great time there, i'm so surprised the beauty of South- Africa through your photos:). Definitely, i'll be there someday, thank you for showing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i really did!
      im really really glad to be able to share with people how the real south africa looks like! because there are way too many people who had misconceptions about this beautiful country! and youre very much welcome :))

      Delete

 

© icollectmoments All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk